Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2008 goal rides

OK, here are the big rides I have planned for 2008:

Mt. Hamilton Challenge on April 26 (125 miles, 8300 ft climbing) - I can wave hi to all the hardy souls riding the DMD route going in the opposite direction.

Grizzly Peak Century on May 4 (112 miles, 8550 ft climbing) - I've never done this ride though I've done parts of the route. Although I just realized it's only a week after the MHC, argh. Well, hopefully I'm up to it by then.

And my really big stretch goal ride:

Mt. Shasta Summit Super Century on August 3 (135 miles, 16500 ft of climbing) - allegedly tougher than the Death Ride - not that I'd know! - but the out-n-back route allows for bailouts if need be. Plus Lee & I will be staying at the Mt. Shasta Resort, only a few miles away from the start and the location of the lunch stop, which could be a tactical error for me. :D But it's a nice place to stay. Lee will be doing the metric century.

I also plan to do a 200K+ brevet or permanent each month starting in (uh... March?) for a RUSA R-12.

I think that's plenty - I'll put the double centuries on hold until next year. Unless I change my mind.

No comments: