Monday, January 4, 2010

Here I go again ...

Well, I’ve gone & done it, I’m now officially signed up to train for the Death Ride again with TNT.

Some of you know that I had signed up with the Solvang Century TNT team a couple of months ago. I found out soon thereafter that I might be away in mid-March, so I might wind up missing that event altogether.

Plus, to be honest, training for Solvang didn’t really motivate me the way training did for the Death Ride. The Death Ride is a huge challenge for me. Solvang, eh, notsomuch. Granted, I’ve never ridden the Solvang century, but I’ve done a bunch of centuries and double metrics (well, OK, none recently, and thank you so much for pointing that out) and preparing for Solvang gave me that been there, done that feeling.

The way I see it, my first completed event with TNT should be a significant personal achievement. The Death Ride is all that, plus it’s unfinished business for me. Not to mention the DR team always has such awesome jerseys. I’m all about the jerseys.

So here I am, right back where I started last year. Wish me luck!

I'll let you know how it goes. It'll be an adventure, that I know already {gulp}.

Here's my fundraising page if'n you're so inclined. Thank you so much for your faith in me, and, for your support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

No comments: